Ntgr Routers have been a part of everybody’s lives from a very long time. From the past few years, Ntgr routers have gone from simple plug and play devices to complex devices that need the user to login and secure them so that the sensitive information passing through them are kept safe. Ntgr Routers have become more than what they were made to be, not just a device that provides internet to people, but everything is amplified for the user. The user will experience much faster internet speeds, numerous enhanced features, a more than capable wireless service that is capable of handling multiple devices at a time without decreasing the speeds on any device, a security feature to keep all the sensitive information passing through it safe from any potential threats, provides much larger coverage area and the allows much more devices to be connected at a time, provide a much more sable connection, provide protection for the user’s data and the list goes on.
Every Ntgr router contains an Operating Software that is called a firmware. The firmware of the router is the software that runs the hardware of the router. The firmware is responsible for all the functions of the router and it needs to be updated to fix any issues with it. The firmware updates are released regularly. The new firmware makes sure that the router stays compatible with the latest media devices that come out almost every other day. This way, the user doesn’t have to go around buying new routers every time they wish to buy a new media device. The security on the router is also updated when the firmware of the router is updated. This way, the router and all the information passing through it is also secured. The new firmware also fixes any bugs or previously resolved issues with the router. The new firmware might also add some new advanced features to the router or provide enhanced overall speed boosts.
Besides that, the user can also customize, control, configure, monitor and even repair their network themselves after logging in to the Ntgr router via accessing the www.routerlogin.net web domain. The user can simply login to their router and enter the default information regarding the router. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password”. The user can change the username and password for their router as well. This way, nobody can access the user’s network without their permission. The user has to enter the Network Name (SSID) and the Network Key (passphrase). The user just has to make sure that they do not enter any sensitive information within the username as the username will still appear on other devices in the coverage area of the router and that the passphrase should be hard for other people to guess.
Here, we will show you the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the Ntgr routers, to reset the router, to change the username and password for the router and to update the firmware of the Ntgr router.
Here are the steps to setup and login to the Ntgr router
- Connect the modem to the WAN port of the router using an Ethernet cable. Make sure that the connections are made properly on both ends.
- Now, connect the desktop computer or laptop to any of the four internet ports of the router using another Ethernet cable. Double check the connections on both ends.
- Open any internet browser of your choice on the same device and type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar and press enter.
- The user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router. The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password”. The username and password are case sensitive.
- After successfully logging in to the router, the Setup Wizard will appear. This will be the web based interface where the user can configure their routers and network.
- The Ntgr router tries to identify the type of internet connection that the user has. For all the wired connections, the Setup Wizard will detect the connection as “Dynamic IP”. Once the Setup Wizard has detected the type of internet connection, click Next to proceed.
- Click Save to save the change made.
Now, the Ntgr router will have been setup and logged in. The user can further configure their network using the simple on screen instructions.
How to reset the Ntgr router
- Locate the reset button at the back of the router. It might be located either at the bottom or at the back of the router.
- Using a pin or something similar, press and hold the reset button for about ten seconds.
- After holding the button for ten seconds, release the reset button. The LED lights on the router will start flashing. Wait for the router to reboot itself.
The router will now have been reset back to its factory default settings. All the personalized settings of the user will also have been reset The user can login to the router using the default information regarding the router.
How to change the username and password for the Ntgr router
- Open any internet browser on the device that is connected to the Ntgr router.
- Type www.routerlogin.net in the address bar and press enter. The user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router.
- The default username is “admin” and the default password is “password” for most of the Ntgr routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
- The Basic Home page will now display. Select Wireless option.
- There will be a Network Name (SSID) option and a field provided for it. Here, you can enter the new username for the router. Below the Network Name (SSID) field, there will be the Network Key option.
- There, you can choose to enter a new passphrase for your router.
- Make sure to click on Save to save the changes made.
Now, the username and password for the router will have been changed. The user will have to reconnect all their devices to their network using the new username and password.
- You will see a Router Update or Firmware Update option. It may vary for different router models.
- Click the Firmware update option.
- The Setup Wizard will now look whether you have the latest firmware or not. If now, the router will start updating itself.
- Wait for the update to finish.
Warning: Do not interrupt the firmware update or unplug the router from the power source as it can corrupt the router and may even render it useless.
After the firmware update has finished, the user can start using their network as they please.